The Ecumenical and Scientific Library of Biblical Studies (BOSEB) is specialized in the fields of biblical exegesis, archaeology and languages of the ancient Near East.
The BOSEB was founded in 1967 by the Catholic University of Paris in collaboration with the ACFEB (Association Catholique Française pour l’Etude de la Bible / French Catholic Association for Bible Study) and the Biblical Department of the Protestant Federation of France (Service Biblique de la Fédération Protestante de France).
The Jean de Vernon Library is reserved for specialists : teachers, researchers, master students.
21, rue d'Assas
Phone number : 33 (0)1 44 39 52 32
Fax number : 33 (0)1 44 39 52 36
Metro : Rennes or St Placide
Monday : 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday : 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
From Monday to Friday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
July – mid-September:
From Monday to Friday: 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
The library is closed for two weeks during Christmas holidays.
Any changes to opening hours will be announced in advance.
To access the library e-journals, you can use the following tool : Netvibes Boseb-Ifeb
- Most of the documents openly accessible
- Book consultation in the library (no borrowing)
- Photocopying : cards can be purchased from a dispenser located at the entrance of the Fels Library
- Bibliographical information by phone or by email
- Room available for group-work
- Interlibrary loan : P.E.B.
- Workshops on the catalogs, databases and e-journals:
List of available periodicals
Learn more about the library :
History of the Jean de Vernon Library:
History of the BOSEB :
Items are arranged by subject (the classification can be found at the information desk). Journals are under the (classification) mark P.